How Crushy is Your Crush? A Checklist
by Jody Gehrman
by Jody Gehrman
As someone who has always adored the rush of a true crush, I know what I’m talking about. Here's a checklist to see just how bad you've got it:
1) When he walks into a room every cell in your body starts to buzz.
2) You check his Facebook profile every few minutes and monitor his relationship status like it's a full time job.
3) You script intricate conversations inside your head that always drift inexorably toward the First Kiss.
4) You made a play list on your iPod named after him, and every time you listen to it you’re flooded with adrenaline.
5) Spotting a car that looks like his, you rubberneck so freakishly you could pass as the girl in The Exorcist.
6) When he does finally speak to you, your ability to arrange subjects and verbs into meaningful units of communication dissolves, and you choke out something that sounds vaguely Korean.
7) While doing the dishes, cramming for a test or drifting off to sleep at night, you repeatedly whisper his name just to feel the shape it makes inside your mouth.
|Above is Jody Gerhman. Apparently, on her down time, Jody is an alien hunter!|
Jody is the author of seven novels and numerous plays. Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft is her newest YA novel. Babe in Boyland was published in 2011 by Penguin's Dial books and has recently been optioned by Disney. She also writes stage plays, screenplays, and sometimes even songs. Her plays have been produced in Ashland, New York, San Francisco and L.A. She and her partner David Wolf won the New Generation Playwrights Award for their one-act, Jake Savage, Jungle P.I. She's a professor of English at Mendocino College.
*Biography provided by the author